The Board Policy Handbook has been developed to highlight and support the very important governance function of the Board. In addition to clearly defining the role of the Board, the role of the Director and the delegation of authority from the Board to the Director, it includes the following as policies:
- Foundational statements which provide guidance and direction for all activities within the Division;
- Directions for how the Board itself is to function and how individual trustees are to conduct themselves; how Board committees and representatives are to function;
- Statements as to how appeals and hearings will be conducted;
- Non-delegable matters such as policy-making and school closures; and
- Specific matters which the Board has chosen not to delegate to the Director.
This Board Policy Handbook is intended to be supplemented by an Administrative Procedures Manual; the primary written document by which the Director directs staff. The Administrative Procedures Manual must be entirely consistent with this Board Policy Handbook.
The development of two separate and distinct documents is meant to reinforce the distinction in this Division between the Board’s responsibility to govern and the Director’s executive or administrative duties.
It is to be noted that the electronic versions of both the Board Policy Handbook and the Administrative Procedures Manual as well as any other handbooks/manuals referenced are always the most current documents available.
Schedule of Fees - Final Sept 2022.pdf