The 2021-2022 school calendar has been posted to the Division and school websites, under "Publications". Calendar options were developed by the Chinook Calendar Committee and voted on by Chinook employees, parents and community stakeholders in January.
Highlights of the 2020-2021 School Calendar
- The Saskatchewan Education Act requires the following:
- A minimum of 950 hours of instructional time per year;
- Six weeks of summer vacation;
- Post Labour Day student start time, with an exception if Labour Day falls on September 5 or later (2021 Labour Day is September 6);
- Christmas break that begins no later than December 23 and ends not sooner than January 2;
- Spring break with no more than 5 consecutive days.
- Ministry of Education Provincial Examinations – January 25-28, June 23-28.
- Chinook Board of Education requires 3 professional learning community days; 2 student conference days; 3 professional development days; 3 admin days; and one convention day.
- 197 days including non-instructional days; 186 instructional days
- Three traditional breaks
- Students begin September 2
- Teacher Convention: October 8
- Christmas break: December 18 - January 2
- February break: February 21-25
- Long weekend in March for students and families
- Easter break: April 18-22
- Students finish June 28
A total of 1277 people voted in the online survey:
- 408 staff, including 178 staff with children in the schools
- 869 parents/guardians
- 834 people (65%) chose the “PINK” calendar.
The chosen calendar has now been endorsed by the Board of Education and approved by the Ministry.
The 2021-2022 school calendar is also posted on the division and school websites, under “Publications”.